Dog Longevity. vetRapamycin for dogs
help your dog live longer.
Buy Rapamycin now.
How To Get Rapamycin For Your Dog
Rapamycin is a prescription drug, and so we are happy to send it to you guys after…
- We receive a prescription from your veterinarian, or…
- We do a consultation on your pet here on the Central Coast of CA. There’s more info down below on our specialized consults. Hey, come on out– the weather’s great!! Or…
- Your dog has been diagnosed with cancer, in which case we can prescribe rapa for compassionate use.
We have limited quantities of 99% pure rapamycin in veggie capsules containing
- 0.5 mg (for dogs of about 10#)
- 1.0 mg (for dogs of about 20#)
- 2.0 mg (for dogs of about 40#)
- 3 .0 mg (for dogs of about 60#)
We now have a subscription plan in place for your pet’s rapamycin. Want to save 10-15% every month? Now’s your opportunity.
The Science of Longevity.
Rapamycin for Dogs — Helping Our Dogs Live Longer.
- EXTEND LIFESPAN
- IMPROVE HEALTH
- REDUCE CANCER INCIDENCE
- IMPROVE COGNITIVE FUNCTION
- AND INCREASE ACTIVITY…
Even better? IT’S NEVER TOO LATE TO SEE A POTENTIAL BENEFIT OF RAPAMYCIN FOR OUR OLD DOGS. Studies (5,6) suggest that we don’t have to give our dogs rapamycin from the time they are puppies to improve their health and lifespan. How cool is that?
Want to become part of the solution? Dr. Matt Kaeberlein of the University of Washington is actively enrolling dogs in a study to determine the health and longevity benefits of rapamycin in dogs. LEARN MORE HERE.
Does Your Dog have heart issues?
Rapamycin for Dogs — Improving Heart Function
Want another reason to consider rapamycin for your dog? The 2017 Kaeberlein study showed that dogs on rapamycin had an unanticipated benefit– better heart function.
Specifically, the study authors wrote that their results suggested that RAPAMYCIN USE IN OLDER DOGS MAY ACTUALLY REVERSE AGE-RELATED DECLINES IN CARDIAC FUNCTION. You don’t hear that every day.
Pretty interesting stuff, if you love a dog with a bad heart. Or a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, like me.
A Summary of the Science.
Rapamycin for Dogs — Fighting Cancer.
Another proven benefit of rapamycin for dogs is its use in fighting cancer in our loved family pets. Like…
Because rapamycin is so well tolerated, it is logical to consider its use to slow your pet’s journey through cancer. Learn more about rapamycin and it uses here.
We have a special interest in the integrative care of dogs with cancer, so reach out to us today.
Here's A PRINTABLE SUMMARY of Rapamycin for Your Veterinarian.
Because You Need to Partner With Them… for your Pet’s Best Life.
The Evolving Science.
Rapamycin for Dogs — What We Don’t Know… Yet.
If you’ve read this far, you can tell there are some pretty smart folks working on rapamycin. But there are FOUR QUESTIONS THAT HAVE YET TO BE ANSWERED ABOUT USING RAPAMYCIN FOR LONGEVITY IN DOGS.
- THE OPTIMAL DOSE — Is more better, or …? The Kaeberlein study used dosages of 0.05-0.1 mg/kg 3x weekly and demonstrated both safety and benefit. We are typically using doses of 0.1 mg/kg on our patients, have lots of happy owners, and have not yet run into a problem in over 50 patients. We can help you do the math.
- THE OPTIMAL DURATION — How many doses do our dogs need for maximal benefit? Not to get off the rails, but rapamycin binds to its receptor to inhibit two different protein complexes, the quick-forming good guy (mTORC1) and the more slowly-forming mTORC2, which is responsible for some of the negative side effects. This means that we want to use short term or intermittent dosing to get the longevity and health benefits of inhibiting mTORC1, rather than chronic dosing to inhibit mTORC2. Until we have the final word, we are recommending one month on/one or two months off unless you are helping your dog with cancer.
- HOW LONG DO THE BENEFITS OF RAPAMYCIN LAST IN DOGS, and how can we maximize this? No answers yet, but the Dog Aging Project hopes to have answers in a few years.
- ARE THERE LONG TERM RISKS OR SIDE EFFECTS THAT WE ARE UNAWARE OF? Hey, we need to remember that rapamycin’s original use was as a potent immune suppressant. The good news is that the 2017 Kaeberlein study showed that rapamycin created no side effects in the study dogs over a period of 10 weeks… but let’s also agree that longer term studies will be nice to have.
Rapamycin for Dogs- What Else Can We Do To Help Loved Dogs Live Longer?
The first step is simple. At least in theory.
STEP 1: REDUCE INFLAMMATION.
Hey, rapamycin is a great drug. Just between us girls, I take it and I give it to my dogs…. but it is only a part of maximizing your pet’s health span. Here’s the rest of the story.
What are the most common causes of inflammation in our dogs? Here’s the list. And what to do about them.
- DENTAL DISEASE
- INFLAMMATORY BOWEL DISEASE.
- KNOW WHEN TO VACCINATE… AND WHEN NOT TO.
STEP 2: LEARN ABOUT CURCUMIN FOR DOGS.
STEP 3: STUDY UP ON SENOLYTICS FOR DOGS
STEP 4: RESEARCH NAD/NR/NMN FOR DOGS
… And find a vet who cares.